What We Do for You:
- WE fight. We examine the citation closely for inconsistencies, errors or faulty assumptions. We do the same thing for the Complaint. We do the same thing in trial. We investigate and challenge any weaknesses we discover in their evidence. We try to expose faulty assumptions, poor training, their mythic invincibility. Cops are people too, folks. They may not think so though, and that helps us. We know more about their radar/laser and how to use it than many of them do. That’s a shame, but true.
- Our traffic ticket defense Attorney is here to make every effort to keep your record clean, your job and driving privileges intact and your money in your wallet. Putting up a stern, determined, persistent, capable defense is what you are paying us for.
- For regular license holders, we strive to keep your insurance rates low, and to avoid points and possible surcharges. Tickets are more than an incovenience, they can affect your reputation at work, your pocketbook, even your ability to rent a car . We must say though, while stiff resistance is best, you do have other recognized options besides trials or paying.
- For CDL holders, even a single moving violation conviction for a might mean the end of their career as a commercial driver because of insurance concerns and resulting trucking company policies. In other words, this can be a very big deal, and we treat it as such. For you guys, there is no such thing as “just a traffic ticket.” Serious Offenses [Trans.Code Sec. 522.003(25) & 522.081] must be fought at all costs. Two of these on your record less than 3 years apart results in a MANDATORY DISQUALIFICATION for at least 60 days. There are no Driving Safety Courses or Deferred Adjudications for CDL “moving violations”. However Equipment, over-weight and Administrative matters are a different story, owing to the work David R. Lee did for you at the Legislature.
- It would be great if we could do all of this over the phone, without you ever showing up. Unfortunately, in Southeast Texas, that is seldom possible. While you won’t have to be there for the arraignment date on the ticket (if you get the ticket to us in time), you will have to be there for trial. The good news is that these are at least weeks away, and you can schedule your loads to make it a profitable trip. If you can’t or won’t go to court, no matter what, then please call another attorney.
- David R. Lee & Associates are here to try to defeat the other side. Our initial aim is for outright dismissal. We have made a living for years getting cases dismissed. We will plea BARGAIN when there is that opportunity, and if you approve and are fully satisfied with it. Most of the time, there is no other choice but to take your alleged failure to signal lane change, or stop sign case, rairoad crossing case etc. etc., to TRIAL. And that suits us fine. Unfortunately, many trafic practitioners RUN from trial. The prosecutors, and (sadly some) courts know this, and try to profit from it. Some attorneys will actually tell you that your only choice is to pay, when they are faced with the prospect of a trial. (Can you believe it? What are they thinking?) That is a (starts with an L)! Don’t fall for it! David R. Lee & Associates are seeking a dismissal or getting ready to try your; speeding, changing lanes not in safety, disregarding traffic control device case, failing to yield (or change lanes) to an official emergency vehicle etc. etc. case, unless you tell us otherwise.
- There is no such thing as an unwinnable trial (or as an unlose-able one either). We know the law. We have tried traffic and equipment violation cases, both regular tickets and CDL cases for many years. We have at least one Thousand Jury Trials under our belt. I quit counting a long time ago. We win, a lot. That is an indisputable fact. But do we win EVERY SINGLE CASE? Of course not. But if there is a way to make that happen we know it or will find it. We can guarantee you a loss – of money, at least – if you fail or refuse to contest the issue with the State. Fighting them is what we excel at. If you are hiring an attorney to absolutely, positively obtain a dismissal only, you are dreaming. Making such a guarantee is not possible in the real world. It may happen. We are trying. But we can’t and won’t gurantee that outcome. If we can get “it” dismissed, we will. But not all cases can be dismissed. Sad but true.
- You get personalized, interested care from us, not the cold shoulder and on to the next one. We aren’t going to tell you “Dude, you have to take this deal.” (what are they thinking??, again, some more) You hire us to try to win for you, by beating the other side, not to take whatever they are offering, schmooze, swap baby pictures and then head for the golf course etc., with you much the worse for wear.
- For CDL moving violations – according to law, at least - it is an on-off switch: pay or go to trial. Of those two choices, we much prefer trial. There are courts that will – contrary to law – “Do Something”. If they wish to suggest such an action, we will listen and carry their “suggestion” to you. If we lose, we will appeal, if you want us to keep fighting. Appealing without a trial first is almost certainly malpractice, in our book. Why would we want to reward the Court for being difficult by letting them off the trial “hook”?
- Additionally, we offer “occupational” or restricted license applications if you have already been found guilty or have elected to plead guilty to a ticket that resulted in the loss of driving privileges, as well as reprsentation on License Suspension or Disqualification Hearings if you have paid too many or been convicted of too many serious violations.
What we are NOT here to do is: Help the State take your money (and maybe job) and then claim that we helped you by keeping the fine low, like so many attorneys do. Which is better: paying a low fine/special expense fee, or NOT PAYING AT ALL, and keeping your record clean? “I rest my case.”
We also offer the determined, capable defense of a wide range of criminal charges, as well as expunctions and “sealing of records“.
See CRIMINAL SERVICES
Our Services Include: